Friday, June 29, 2007

I swear I am not crazy!

Yesterday morning I stumbled out of bed heading for the bathroom. My first step out of our bedroom I saw a critter run into the hall cabinets and then head for the bathroom. I totally freaked out and leaped from where I was standing onto our bed on top of Anthony. As calmly as I could I told him hurry up and get it! Tenatively he stood outside of the bathroom and looked inside. Slowly he crept in with a roll of paper towels in hand. I swear he was only in there for two seconds looking before coming out empty handed. He kept asking me if I was sure I really saw something. Next thing I knew I start doubting myself, thinking maybe it was a shadow or that I didn't have my glasses on. Determined to go on with my day I started scrapbooking and hanging out with the Taters (which I got all of Tate's birth pages done!). Anthony came home from school and we ran some errands. For our last errand we went to the Wash Hut to do some laundry. Coming back from the Wash Hut we entered our apartment. As I opened our door I saw something. I screamed, "There it is! That thing I saw this morning!" It was sitting in the middle of all my scrapbooking stuff on the floor. Anthony said, "it's a bat!?!" I grabbed Tate and ran outside screaming at this point, it's 11:15 at night. Finally without the roll of paper towels Anthony trapped the bat with a broom and a bucket. He got rid of it outside far from my door. I will never leave my door open again for flying rats to just come in my house. I am going to have holy water in one hand and in the other a cross and garlic around my neck all day. Tate too!


So I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the stupid bat, but I did a picture of the Wash Hut!!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Valerie...so funny! Sorry about the bat! But, I was excited to see your picture of the Wash Hut. That's where Nate proposed!

Anna said...

Haha - Val, I seriously would have loved to see that! Bats are super freaky. I used to think that it was silly that girls get scared of little creatures, like mice in their house etc. until my brother's gerbil crawled into my room. I freaked out. I can't imagine what I would have done if it was a bat. I hope that it stays away from your apartment from now on... but if it does come back you need to get a picture! ;)

Bryan and Ashley said...

Hahaha! Val I cannot believe that happened to you. But I just heard from the girl I work with that lives over there that they saw a bat too. It was so fun hanging out with you guys Friday! Thanks for letting us play with Tate--he is adorable! And to answer your questions:
1. I wash my hair each time--I'm a total freak :)
2. We got the picture at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I'm pretty much obsessed with it.
3. Unfortuantely Bryan didn't make the cake, but last year he made me a pink and purple one that was 3 layers. He's such a betty crocker. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the Wash Hut!!!